- 1 serving tomatoes, onion, arugula
- 1 serving eggs
- olive oil
- salt, pepper and other seasonings
- Preheat oven to 200c
- Cut off the top of the tomato and clean out the entire inside of the tomato (All the mushy part with seeds. leave the meaty parts in place.)
- Scramble the eggs in a bowl and add seasoning as desired. (I like adding Cilantro and Basil.)
- Dice and Saute onions. Mix the onions into the eggs.
- Pour the egg mixture into the tomato.
- Brush olive oil onto the inside and outside of the tomato.
- Back the tomatoes until the eggs are fully cooked.
- When the tomato is cooked, place the arugula on a plate and put the tomato on top.
- Serve with rye bread.
Note: If you are on a strict phase of metabolic balance, skip the olive oil. If you want, you can add more vegetables but you cannot add any other proteins. Also, instead of having the bread on the side, you can crumble the bread in a food processor and sprinkle the crumbs on top of the tomato before baking.