- Sweet Onions
- Rye Breadcrumbs
- Shredded Mozzarella Cheese
- Black Pepper
- olive oil
- Trim off the ends of your zucchini and split them in half and scoop out the insides. don’t scoop too deep or you will have a sinking boat. Remember that you have to weigh all your vegetables together to create your serving size. (If you want to add bulk to your meal, think about adding some leafy vegetable like spinach to the filling.)
- Put your zucchini on a baking pan in a 375 degrees F oven. Let the zucchini bake until softened.
- Saute the onions in olive oil until opaque. Add the zucchini pulp (spinach if you decided to add bulk) to the onions and season with garlic and pepper. Stir in the breadcrumbs.
- Fill the zucchini boats with the filling and sprinkle cheese on top of the filling. you can also mix the cheese into the filling if you prefer.
- Place the boats into the oven and bake until the cheese is melted.
- Serve. If you make additional servings, freeze them for a lunch meal but make sure you are measuring accurately for each serving.
Note: Please remember that you have used your bread with the crumbs and your protein with the cheese. You have only your fruit remaining.
Note: If you are in the strict phase, skip the oil.