- Beef braising steak, cut into chunks
- Red onions, chopped into chunks
- Carrots carrots, chopped
- Celeriac, skin removed and chopped into cubes
- Swede, skin removed and chopped into cubes
- Garlic cloves
- Sea salt and pepper
- Water (2 inches deep)
- Kale ( A few handfuls)
- Add the Beef, onions, carrots, celeriac, swede & garlic to the slow cooker.
- Add water and dry spices & herbs (do not add fresh herbs until a little bit before serving. They do not handle slow cooking very well.)
- Add about two inches of water into the pot. Do not fill the pot.
- Set the time for 6 hours.
- Add fresh Kale 10 minutes before serving so that it is lightly steamed and not wilted.