Reasons to Eat Rye Bread:
- Research has shown that out of the different bread types tested, sourdough bread demonstrated the lowest glucose and insulin responses after eating a meal.
- Rye bread keeps you satiated longer than wheat.
- Rye bread may reduce inflamation in people with Metabolic Syndrome.
- Rye bread evokes a different metabolic profile than whole grain wheat.
- Rye Bread may prevent Gallstones.
- May lower type 2 diabetes risk.
- Promotes Gastrointestinal health.
- Cardiovascular benefits for postmenopausal women.
- Can ease menopausal symptoms.
- Considered an anti-cancer food.
Now that you know how good rye is for you, how about trying this desert over Easter:
Apple Easter Treat Recipe
- Apple sliced and unpeeled
- cinnamon to taste
- 1/4 cup rye oats
- 2 tbs almond butter
- Spread one side of sliced apple with almond butter and sprinkle with cinnamon.
- Dip the apple slices into granola to cover the almond butter.
- Bake the apples until the apples are soft.