For this recipe, I have an optional section on the bottom for those in later stages of metabolic balance or if you want to have this salad as a treat meal.
Red/Orange Bell Peppers
Roasted Almonds (regular unsalted almonds to stay on plan)
Seasoning (salt, pepper, fresh parsley)
Mustard & Honey
- Mix the vinaigrette dressing and your onions together and set aside.
- Clean and wash all your vegetables.
- Cut your bell peppers in half and remove the seeds.
- Dice up the bell peppers into small squares.
- Cut your Tomatoes in half and remove the seeds.
- Slice up the tomatoes into small pieces or if you are using cherry tomatoes cut into quarters.
- use a small scooper to scoop out pieces of melon. Please measure the amount to fit your plan and do not add another fruit to this meal.
- cut the almonds into smaller pieces.
- Place all the vegetables, almonds and the fruit in a bowl. sprinkle over the vinaigrette and onions and with seasoning. Toss until salad is fully covered.
NOTE: You can use toasted Rye bread cubes in this salad. The cubes will soak up the juice of the vinaigrette and the melon.
If you want to use the mustard and honey, you will add them to the vinaigrette and let the onions soak in the mixture.
If you are taking this salad to work, please carry the vinaigrette separate and add before eating so that the melon tastes like melon and not onions.