I really like this list from WebMD for Natural Treatment tips for Colds and the Flu and I decided to share some of their suggestions with you today. If you feel like you are coming down with a cold or flu, follow the advice below:
- Sleep with more pillows. (Relieves congestion.)
- Don’t fly in an airplane.
- Eat foods that fight infection. (A short list is below.)
- Don’t overtreat your symptoms. In Europe, if you have a runny nose, the doctor wants it to run! If you don’t need to be in a business meeting, let your body help you heal itself.
- Blow your nose in the right way.
- Use a warm salt water treatment for a stuffy nose.
- Remember to stay warm and rested.
- Gargle. Here is the right way to gargle:
- Drink hot liquids.
- Take a steamy shower.
- Use warm packs on your sinuses.
The article suggests you eat the following foods while fighting a cold or flu:
- Blueberries – has a natural aspirin in it.
- Chili peppers
- Onions – This vegetable contains phytochemicals which may help the body to clear infections so to answer the question in the header, yes, onions may be able to get you back on your feet if you eat them. (Don’t put them in your socks or next to your bed.)
- Black/Green tea – These two types of teas have catechin which may have a natural antibiotic.