- Olive oil
- Diced red onion (or yellow onion)
- Diced carrots
- Diced stalk celery
- Diced tomatoes
- Chopped zucchini
- Minced garlic
- Vegetable broth
- Seasoning – Thyme, basil, salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
- Place onion, carrots, celery, and garlic in a pot with olive oil. Cook for 6-8 minutes.
- Add broth, tomatoes and seasoning.
- Bring broth to a simmer and cook for approximately 30 minutes.
- Add more seasoning to taste.
- Add Zucchini and cook for another 15 minutes.
- Serve warm.
Note: You can add cheese to the soup as your protein and sprinkle the soup with Rye Croutons.
Note: If you want to have a little fun with your food, try using different coloured Carrots to make a rainbow vegetable soup.