metabolic balance wants you to have not only a healthy diet but a healthy body so taking care of your skin during the winter season is essential. Here are some tips to help you keep your skin healthy.
- Moisturize your Skin – Your skin care routine should change with the season. As the weather gets colder your moisturizer should change. Find one that has oil to provide a protective layer.
- Exfoliate your skin – Invest in a dry brush. If you don’t know how to use one, here is a video about dry brushing.
- Wear gloves to protect your hands. When you wear gloves, you protect your hands from the cold which will hep to prevent your skin from cracking.
- Purchase a humidifier to add moisture to the air.
- Drink plenty of water. Your metabolic balance plan has designated how much water you need. Follow your plan and have a chat with your metabolic balance coach about integrating water breaks into your daily routine.
- Get a Pedicure – Just because your feet are tucked inside of boots and shoes does not mean you should ignore them. Invest in a foot bath and some pepermint foot lotion. A weekly foot bath and a daily dose of pepermint foot creme will make sure your feet stay soft and ready for your summertime sandals.
- Stay away from alcohol or clay-based beauty treatments that will dry out your skin. Use mild cleansers and look for masks that are hydrating.
- Get a Paraffin wax treatment – Small paraffin wax machines are easy to find and will offer you the perfect treatment for dry skin on your hands, face, elbows and feet. Follow the instructions carefully and use only the proper equipment. If you do not want to DIY, you can find paraffin treatments at your local spa or salon.
- Purchase moisturizer with sunscreen. The sun can burn in winter just like it can in summer.