Thinking about starting a garden this spring? Here are six reasons why gardening is a good idea:
- Workout—You don’t have to go to a gym to get a workout, all you need to do is spend three hours working in your garden to equal one hour in the gym. Here is a complete gardening workout you can try.
- Reduce Stress—Gardening is a great way to get back to nature and focus on mindfulness while reducing the level of cortisol in the body. Here are nine ways to reduce stress by gardening.ga
- Boosts Immune System—Direct exposure to dirt can boost your immune system. Go out with the kids and play in the dirt—it’s good for you. Here is an article talking about how exposure to bacteria makes you stronger.ga
- Healthy Diet—If you grow your own herbs and vegetables, you will always have something tasty to add to your metabolic balance meals.
- Antidepressant – Research has shown that certain bacteria in the soil can act like an antidepressant. Here is an article talking about this cool research.
- Dementia Risk Reduction – Keeping your brain active by gardening.