Everyone has their own biorhythm and metabolism. Certainly, it is not recommended to eat abundantly late in the evening and before going to bed.
It is medically proven that digestion works much slower at night, which affects the metabolism and also the quality of sleep. However, not only the timing is important, but also the quantity and quality of the food. Calories don’t care what time it is! So what should you stick to when you want to lose weight?
Tips for meals after 6 pm:
- Avoid monosaccharides (sweets, chocolate, etc. ), which stimulate the appetite.
- In the evening, prefer protein-rich foods such as fish, dairy products, eggs and nuts.
- Don’t eat too much raw food in the evening – steamed vegetables are easier to digest.
- Your last meal should be 3-4 hours before bedtime.
- Always drink enough water.