During a long day of work it can be hard to incorporate habits that help support your health. Below are a few tips to help you feel your best during a long work day.
1. Start your day with a nutritious breakfast rich in the right proteins, vegetables and complex carbohydrates – see the options in your Metabolic Balance plan!
2. Avoid short-term “energy boosters” such as coffee, energy drinks and chocolate bars.
3. Drink 8 oz of water every couple of hours can help you maintain your concentration.
4. During your lunch break, choose a lunch that will supply sustaining rich nutrients and fiber. (Your Metabolic Balance plan can help you here!).
5. Eat your lunch mindfully and not working at your desk. It’s ok to take time to nourish yourself and then get back to work. In this way you’re far more likely to be productive and ultimately get so much more done!
6. In our world, it is inevitable that we have some form of stress on a daily basis. So even if stress cannot always be avoided, be gentle with yourself and listen to your body. Frequent low energy, irritability, sleep disorders, nervousness and physical complaints such as dizziness, high blood pressure, stomach and bowel complaints and back pain are warning signs that your stress may be getting too much.
Possible ways to achieve more tranquility and balance can be regular walks, reading and taking part in physical activity or sports.
Are you taking care of yourself during a work day?
Credit: Metabolic Balance Canada