In our metabolic balance® Nutrition Program we eat one apple a day. This has been proven to be a healthy habit. Read about the health benefits, nutrition facts and history in LiveScience!
- Apples (Fruit)
- Wakame Seaweed
- Sunflower/Sesame seeds
- Chop up your apple, cucumber and avocado and place it in a bowl.
- Rehydrate seaweed in water for 2-3 minutes. Drain the seaweed and add apples, avocado and cucumber mix. Top your salad with the seeds and then serve.
I’m so curious if this tastes good. I have not tried this recipe. I just saw it on my search for metabolic balance friendly recipes. We put apples in our stuffing which fills our turkeys so why not stuff an apple with ground turkey? Do not use your Thanksgiving Turkey unless you froze the leftovers. Ingredients:
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 rib celery, finely chopped
- 1 serving ground Turkey
- 4 fresh sage leaves, minced
- Kosher salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 1 apple
- Cook ground turkey and remove from the pan.
- Saute the onions and the celery in the turkey fat.
- Add turkey back into the pan with the sage and other seasonings.
- Strain the mixture to remove excess fat.
- Take the apples and remove the core using an apple corer or knife.
- Spoon the stuffing into the hole created.
- Sprinkle butter or a flavoured olive oil over the apple. (only if you are not in the strict phase otherwise to not add fat.)
- Place the apples in the oven and back until the apple is soft and then serve with your remaining vegetable allotment. (you will not use that much onions and celery.)