With a long-term change of nutrition with Metabolic Balance you can decide to do something good for yourself permanently. This lifestyle change can help you have a more mindful relationship with food and improve your overall health. Rather than eating mindlessly or buying processed foods that are easy to prepare, this program can help become aware of your body and how the right foods can help you feel amazing! To learn more visit our website or check out our Facebook page!
The Holiday Season is a wonderful time but with all the temptations everywhere we go, it can be hard to stick to healthy choices. So how do you stay on track with Metabolic Balance and not put on those extra pounds? Here’s how!
- Always aim to stick 100% to the three meal a day rule and take a 5 hour break between meals to avoid eating more than your stomach can handle. This will ensure your blood sugar levels don’t go too far out of sync and lead to unwanted cravings and blood sugar highs which make staying on track even harder.
- Take your time to eat. Relax and enjoy the occasion and know there’s no rush to indulge in everything offered. By taking your time you’re less likely to overeat. Plus it’s the holiday season, a meal can and should last a little longer than normal!
- Enjoy the goodies that are only prepared in this festive season – but always start with your protein appetizer, e. g., a bite of the Holiday turkey, ham, fish or goose.
- Every feast needs to have a delicious dessert. How about making yours a baked apple with cinnamon this year?
- If you’re finding it hard to say no to sweet treats, try having some naturally bitter foods. A handful of cranberries, a cup of green tea or black coffee with your meal or tart lemon in your water can be helpful.
- Eggnog, punch, mulled wine or a glass of wine are a wonderful part of the Holiday Season and you shouldn’t miss out if you enjoy these treats. The best way to indulge is to ensure you drink alcohol with the meal. Remember, for each glass of alcohol drink a glass of water.
- Last but not least, drink your water between meals – this is the most important Strategy of the 8 Rules!
Today starts the second week of advent with two candles shining brightly on the Advent wreath. We’re now properly into the Christmas season and here’s an important question for those following their Metabolic Balance plan … How are you doing? Are you tempted by Holiday Parties, treats and drinks everywhere? Can you resist? Or is it hard for you to stick to your plan?
At Metabolic Balance we recommend not be too strict during the Holiday Season. Yes, that’s right! We’re saying it’s okay to indulge a little every now and then! Just to be clear, though, we say stick to the Metabolic Balance rules and stay as close to the plan as possible – but also relax and enjoy the Holidays too. When you choose to have a sweet treat, it’s important to enjoy it in moderation of course and only once a week, if possible.
Remember, as soon as you can – go back to the Strategies of Success with Metabolic Balance – to reach your health goals and maintain your healthy life-style.
Have a happy and balanced Holiday Season!
It’s not just about sleep. Your work-life-eat balance is what we see as vital for a good healthy life. The right job with great family, friends and healthy food. Metabolic Balance helps you achieve a happy and healthy life with mindful eating. Vitality and balance for life!
Safflower oil does not have an exceptionally good composition of omega-3 and omega-6 fatty acids. It can therefore be used during the Metabolic Balance nutrition program, but is not one of the most recommended oils. Pay attention to quality here as well. Please never heat safflower oil.
Things don’t change by themselves. Whether dissatisfaction, overweight, lack of energy. It’s your choice to be a winner. Winners never give up, difficulties are only new challenges for them. Winners think, plan and implement their goals. It’s all about your mind set.
Find a Certified Metabolic Balance Coach to go this journey with you!
- The shorter the list of ingredients, the better. An organic ice cream is usually more expensive, but for a taste experience without additives, it is worth spending a few cents more.
- Information on high-quality processing can also be found in phrases such as “without coloring, additives and flavorings” or “only natural ingredients”.
- No plastic spoons and cups! Under the “Clean Metabolic” aspect of waste prevention, waffles are a clean alternative, especially if they are baked with only a few natural ingredients.
- When ordering an ice-cream sundae, ask for dairy-based whipped cream instead of ready-made cream (canned ready-whip or similar). If you can get only the latter it would be better to avoid it.
- To be really sure, just make your own ice cream. Simply puree frozen fruits with yogurt or milk (depending on your plan, from Phase 3 you could also try with coconut milk) and enjoy!
Meditation is a seen in prehistoric wall arts originated in India and Buddhism. Today, we have neurosciences research on the topic and state “… that 50-year-olds can have the brain of 25-year-olds if they sit quietly and do nothing for 15 minutes a day.” This is reported by Business Insider. Give it a try if just to improve focus and lessen stress!