The Holiday Season is a wonderful time but with all the temptations everywhere we go, it can be hard to stick to healthy choices. So how do you stay on track with Metabolic Balance and not put on those extra pounds? Here’s how!
- Always aim to stick 100% to the three meal a day rule and take a 5 hour break between meals to avoid eating more than your stomach can handle. This will ensure your blood sugar levels don’t go too far out of sync and lead to unwanted cravings and blood sugar highs which make staying on track even harder.
- Take your time to eat. Relax and enjoy the occasion and know there’s no rush to indulge in everything offered. By taking your time you’re less likely to overeat. Plus it’s the holiday season, a meal can and should last a little longer than normal!
- Enjoy the goodies that are only prepared in this festive season – but always start with your protein appetizer, e. g., a bite of the Holiday turkey, ham, fish or goose.
- Every feast needs to have a delicious dessert. How about making yours a baked apple with cinnamon this year?
- If you’re finding it hard to say no to sweet treats, try having some naturally bitter foods. A handful of cranberries, a cup of green tea or black coffee with your meal or tart lemon in your water can be helpful.
- Eggnog, punch, mulled wine or a glass of wine are a wonderful part of the Holiday Season and you shouldn’t miss out if you enjoy these treats. The best way to indulge is to ensure you drink alcohol with the meal. Remember, for each glass of alcohol drink a glass of water.
- Last but not least, drink your water between meals – this is the most important Strategy of the 8 Rules!