With summer in full swing and COVID-19 related restrictions easing in some places, many of our clients wonder how to follow their Metabolic Balance plan, especially the first phases, while on vacation. If you are traveling, one of the first things Metabolic Balance recommends is choosing a place with a daily buffet. Eating à la carte in restaurants also works, as long as you are not afraid to order dishes individually and, for example, replace side dishes such as French fries with healthier options. A great option that also works with many Metabolic Balance plans is a high-quality fish or a good steak with a fresh salad. Other foods such as delicious fruit, the daily apple, aromatic cheese, and crunchy vegetables can be found all over the world and also fit many plans. A final tip is to bring a few foods from home with you on your travels as a backup in case you are concerned about what options you may have.
Our motto while traveling is simple: “Eat as close to your plan as possible, as far away as necessary” – following this philosophy, nothing stands in the way of a healthy diet according to Metabolic Balance while enjoying your travels!
If you travel for work, you can be on Metabolic Balance® with a little bit of planning. Here are some tips on how to stay on metabolic balance when you are on the go.
- Make a plan. Planning your time away from home will make sure you can stay on plan and stay on track. Waiting to the last second is when you make the worst eating decisions.
- Pack nuts. Nuts are the perfect protein to start your meals.
- Make your temporary residence Metabolic Balance® friendly. If you stay in a hotel, ask the hotel to empty the snack bar/refrigerator. By having it empty, you will be less likely to snack on the items inside and ask them also to make food that is Metabolic Balance® friendly.
- Get Moving. Use the gym at your hotel to walk off some of the stress from your business travels or, if you are near a downtown area, go explore the city a bit.
- Carry your favourite Tea. By having your favourite tea with you, you will be less likely to drink sodas or other beverages between meals.
- Pack a water bottle. Stay hydrated. Those pains you are feeling may be from dehydration not hunger. You can add these foods to provide more water to your traveling diet.
- Iceberg Lettuce
Airport Office photograph