Although skin care is important year around, summer brings a new set of skin care challenges. Sometimes it can be easy to forget that our skin is our largest organ and that it too needs love and care.
Below are few tips to make sure your skin stays healthy all summer long!
- Hydrate! Drinking lots of water is important not just for your overall health but also for your skin.
- Sunscreen. Apply sunscreen often throughout the day (and don’t forget sensitive areas such as your ears, lips, and mouth). If you have tendency to forget to reapply your sunscreen, try setting a timer on your phone as a reminder.
- Load up on Vitamin C! This vitamin is vital for skin health and has even been said to limit UV damage.
- Wash and moisturize. Sweat and dirt can clog your pores and cause a build up of oil. Try washing and moisturizing daily to keep your skin nice and healthy!
- Wear a hat. Staying in the shade or wearing a hat can help you avoid some of the damaging effects of direct sunlight.