Not everyone wants to wait for the new year to get back on track with metabolic balance. If you overdid it on Thanksgiving and you want to start rebalancing, let your coach know!
Here are a six tips for rebalancing:
- Don’t tell anyone. This is the holiday season and many people will not understand why you are “sacrificing” on food. You do not need to waste energy explaining. Most people will not notice that you are not snacking or eating their holiday cookies. If they do notice, just say that you’re working on eating mindfully and change the topic to mindful living. If you need a refresher about mindful living, visit our posts about living a mindful life on metabolic balance.
- Clean out your kitchen of any foods not on your plan and donate them to a food kitchen. Do not eat them. If they belong to your family members, put them in tupperware on a lower shelf so that they are not in your face when you open the cabinet.
- Plan your menu for the next two weeks. Keep life simple. Create soups like Zucchini Basil Soup and Turkey Pho Soup or make a cauliflower pizza crust and avoid recipes with lots of ingredients or long preparation times and oil.
- Figure out how you are going to drink your water. Buy a special water bottle and a filter system if tap water doesn’t taste good to you. Do not add flavouring to your water.
- Get plenty of sleep. You are taking care of your body during a rebalancing and your body needs time to fix itself. Sleep is the time when your body builds up the immune system and gets everything back on track.
- Do you have a smartphone? Download a silly game to play when you have the urge to snack on something. There is a no snacking rule with metabolic balance but your brain does not understand this. The impulse is there and you need to work your way through it and offer yourself an alternative that is easy to implement.