Do you want to be healthier and more balanced during 2016? I do. Here are a 8 tips to help you on your metabolic balance journey:
- Don’t skip your meals. metabolic balance asks you to eat three meals a day. Don’t miss a meal! Eating on a regular schedule will help you avoid overeating during a meal.
- Be relaxed when you eat. We’ve talked about being mindful and now is the perfect time to focus on being present and within the moment while you are eating. By focusing on your food, you will remember what you put into your mouth and will avoid overeating by “accident.”
- Don’t tell people you are on a diet. metabolic balance is not a diet, it is a way of life. Tell people you are adding healthier habits to your lifestyle to improve your health and your metabolism. Deciding to follow the metabolic balance plan is a lifestyle choice not just a diet choice.
- It takes time for your body to get used to your metabolic balance portions so weigh your food and take a photo of your meal. The photo helps document the actual portion size. Our brains like to play tricks on us so what your eyes see may not be what is actually there. Once you get used to “seeing” your portion sizes you can start trusting yourself and your body to know the right amount of food to eat and stay on plan.
- Keep your kitchen clean. Throw out or donate foods that may tempt you away from your metabolic balance plan. The kitchen must be a positive energy space not a space that causes stress so reduce the stress by removing the tempting foods.
- Create a plan for cooking meals. Plan what you are going to eat during the week. Planning will make it impossible for you to run out of healthy foods. If you don’t know how to cook, plan into your schedule a time to watch cooking tutorials or take a cooking class or schedule a visit from your foodie friends who know how to cook.
- Go to Sleep. Your body needs time to process the changes you are making and build your immune system. The body repairs itself at night so go to bed and get a good night’s rest.
- Review your metabolic balance Rules. Are you following them? Why not? If you don’t know why, ask your metabolic balance coach for help!
You still have time to join us on Dietbet. We will be doing Dietbets for the next few months. Here is a link to the most current game. Search for the Games under the name “Win by Losing” You can also search for me, metabolic balance 1. I’m blogging on dietbet about my rebalancing. Just search for metabolic balance and my posts should show up!