At Metabolic Balance we love to enjoy everyone’s favorite summer treat, ice cream! Here are few tips when buying or enjoying this delicious treat:
- The shorter the list of ingredients, the better. An organic ice cream is usually more expensive, but for a product without additives that is better for you, it is worth spending a few cents more.
- Look for key words that indicate high-quality processing including: “without colorings, additives and flavorings” and “only natural ingredients”.
- Avoid plastic spoons and cups! Under the “Clean Metabolic” aspect of waste prevention, cones are a clean alternative, especially if they are made with only a few natural ingredients.
- When ordering an ice-cream sundae, ask for unsweetened whipped cream instead of ready-made cream or just avoid it all together.
- To be really sure, just make your own ice cream. Simply puree frozen fruits with yogurt or milk (depending on your plan, from phase 3 you could also try with coconut milk). Another alternative is to blend frozen bananas with other fruits or mix-ins.